ABOUT JACK GUERRERO
Jack M. Guerrero, a government reformer for City Council in Cudahy, CA, is a fully home grown candidate -- raised by honest and hard-working Mexican immigrant parents, and resident of the area for a collective 20+ years.
An alumnus of local public schools (including Elizabeth Street School in Cudahy, Nimitz Junior High School in Huntington Park, and Bell High School where he served as Student Body President), Mr. Guerrero graduated from Stanford University and Harvard Business School. He has lived and worked professionally in New York, San Francisco, Boston, London, and Zurich. Mr. Guerrero has a distinguished career in the private sector as a certified public accountant, advisor to Fortune 500 companies, investment banker, and corporate executive.
From Cudahy to Harvard, Mr. Guerrero's story is a testament to the power of education -- a distinction which has influenced his charitable activities, as well as his commitment to serious education reform.
In 2013, Mr. Guerrero was elected to the City Council with overwhelming public support, and has served constituents honorably these past four years -- with integrity and competence in every aspect of public service.
NOTABLE PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
- -Corporate Executive
- -Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- -Investment Banker (series 79 and series 63, by Financial Industry Regulatory Authority)
- -Professional experience with a Los Angeles-based investment bank focused on capital raises and sell-side advisory in the middle market
- -Professional work experience with Fortune 500 companies as auditor, consultant, and M&A technical advisor (including Wells Fargo Bank, Credit Suisse Group, Microsoft Corporation, Barclays Global Investors, American Honda Finance Corporation, among others)
- -Corporate Development Manager with the American Express Company in New York and London, where he worked on various transactions involving corporate divestitures, acquisitions, and joint ventures
- -Mergers & Acquisitions Advisor with Ernst & Young LLP in San Francisco, where he managed financial due diligence engagements for private equity firms and corporate clients
- -CPA with Big Four public accounting firms KPMG LLP and Ernst & Young LLP
- -Former university lecturer in economics and statistics
- -Former auditor of local municipalities and agencies of the federal government
- -MBA internship with U.S. Department of the Treasury (Washington, D.C.)
- -International work experience in United Kingdom, Switzerland, Spain, India, and Ecuador
BA in Economics, Stanford Univesity - where Mr. Guerrero's professors included Dr. Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. Secretary of State; Dr. Michael Boskin, former Chair of Economic Advisors for President George H.W. Bush; and Dr. John Cogan, former Director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget. Mr. Guerrero was also a regular political columnist with the Stanford Review newspaper, and a nationally-ranked competitive debator with the American Parliamentary Debate Association (the same debating circuit that produced Ted Cruz, U.S. Senate Candidate from Texas).
MBA, Harvard University - where Mr. Guerrero's professors included Dr. Robert Merton, Nobel Laureate in Economics, and field study advisor Dr. Robert Kaplan, founder of the "Balanced Scorecard" concept used widely by corporate organizations. While at Harvard, Mr. Guerrero's curriculum was heavily focused on finance, management, and business law.
Professional and community affiliations: